[wisb] hybrid duck at Harvey rd pond.

  • From: "Seegert, Greg" <gseegert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 21:37:57 -0400

All
Sorry this is a little late but I didn't have my computer with me this weekend.
  Sunday afternoon there was a hybrid duck on the pond next to Harvey rd in
Columbia Co.  I was wondering if anyone else saw it.  Its face had a white
cheek patch much like a Canada goose.  One parent certainly was a mallard.
Based on a dark, solid colored bill, body color, the face pattern, and a little
point on its tail, I'm guessing that the other parent was a pintail.  Am I
correct in assuming that this combo occurs occasionally?  If anyone else saw
this duck and has other ideas, LMK.

Greg Seegert
Deerfield,IL