[wisb] eider parking

  • From: "David, Karl H." <david@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:00:05 +0000

Everyone,
Parking wasn't a problem for me in going to view the King Eider. I walked down
the half-mile or so from my office during a two-hour hiatus between classes. :)
I carried a pair of binoculars, but not a scope, figuring (correctly) that
there'd be birders there who had them. Turns out a scope wasn't even needed, it
was that close. What a fantastic fall! Even the Vermillion Flycatcher, though
only a speck in the scope, thoughtfully popped up once in profile, so that the
contrast between the reddish-orange breast and the dark brown back was evident
even at that distance.

Karl David, Chair
Math Dept
Milwaukee School of Engineering