[wisb] ebird mobile app

  • From: Mark Benson <2718mtb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 08:16:16 -0500

Hey All,
Does anyone else use the ebird.org mobile app on their smart phone? I
got the app on my iphone, and it comes in really handy in the field, so
that I can work on my checklist electronically rather than making a paper
checklist and entering the data later on my computer.

Anyway, I've noticed that none of the rare birds that I report with the
mobile app get included. For instance, yesterday I noted 9 Eurasian
Collared Doves at the farm in Fond du Lac County at the intersection of 45
and N. These were flagged as rare in ebird, and since I used my mobile app
they aren't showing up in my checklists or in ebird's daily rare bird
reports.

Does anyone know of an explanation or solution?

Yours in birding,

Mark Benson
Oshkosh WI