[wisb] eBird tutorial: plotting your birding location

  • From: "Cynthia Bridge" <cynthiabridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:14:35 -0500

Attention WI eBirders or those contemplating eBirding,

Nick Anich and I have put together an eBird article addressing how-to eBird
your birding location accurately. Here's the synopsis of what this article
covers: We’re going to walk you through the process, showing you several
different options you can use to enter your location.  This valuable eBird
tutorial is a MUST READ for ALL Wisconsin eBirders, both veterans and birders
new to eBirding.  We cover in a step-by-step manner, with helpful screen shots,
how to correctly plot your birding location and utilize existing hotspots where
applicable. If you take away nothing else from this article, please remember
the RECOMMENDED manner to eBird your location is to use the "FIND IT ON THE
MAP" option.

Link to the article: http://ebird.org/content/wi/?p25

Cynthia Bridge

Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co.