[wisb] dead Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - window strike? Dane cty

  • From: Vickie Mulkerin <purebug999@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:01:55 -0500

Sadly, today there is a dead Yellow-bellied Sapsucker outside my front
stoop. I am guessing that it is the result of a window strike, although in
5 years in this house I have never had one on any of my front windows - at
least not that I knew of.
Interestingly, this bird has an all black crown - no red anywhere - and a
distinctly yellow breast and belly and tannish throat. I assume it is a
female variant - it doesn't look like a juvenile to me given the black
markings.

Now i have to consider decals on my front windows as well.

Vickie Mulkerin
Middleton, WI