[wisb] count period Gr. Black-back

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:49:58 -0800 (PST)

   Hey everyone ---    Had a very nice treat today while I was heading over the
Wisconsin St. bridge, and I couldn't stop of course since I was in motion, so I
relied on the specifics.
  3  gulls were flying westward and relatively high up,  the 3rd bird
considerably larger than the first 2,  luckily that 3rd one had the osprey
shape and appeared dark from underneath.
  1 and 2 obviously must've been herrings since they appeared quite stocky as
well.  Nice species to gain for the count period if not the count.  Found a
nice flock of waxwings in town but no Bohemians.  Also got a hen common
merganser at the Senior Center along with all mallards and 1 Canada goose.
    Good luck on the count, all who are participating.
  Paul Bruce, Oshkosh
  Winnebago Co.