[wisb] Re: buntings and longspurs, Dane co

  • From: Alex Stark <thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:22:34 -0600

Steve and all,
I had the same experience today! I was trying for Gray Partridge
around Patch Grove (didn't find any, again!) and I came across a very
large flock of birds. Turned out to be 200 Lapland Longspurs, 50 Snow
Buntings and a handfull of Horned Larks in an adjacent field. These
are the only "field birds" I have seen around Patch Grove in the last
three weeks. It was really impressive watching the clouds of birds
move over the corn stubble.

Alex Stark, Prairie du Chien