[wisb] Re: bird dreams

  • From: "Sheryl DeVore" <sheryl.devore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:46:50 -0600

Great dreams, folks. Here are some of mine -- and if you don't mind, I might
try to compile these into a story for Birding -- would anyone object or care
to expound? (I'm the Dimensions editor)

Dream No. 1 -- In my back yard is a stream and some land where all kinds of
ducks float by one by one -- wigeons and pintails and mallards, they just
keep coming --  plus then the tigers and lions start wandering around in the
back yard. It is a smorgasbord of wildlife -- and I've had this dream
several times.

I also dream about warbler migration before or after the big migration
season -- I see birds dripping from the trees in my backyards and shout them
out, oh there's a blue-winged, a blackburnian, a redstart -- Sometimes I
have feeders out there that attract warbler s-- of course a sunflower feeder
won't attract a blackburnian, but they it's a dream.

Do your dreams repeat or do you have new ones? Mine seem to repeat although
lately none of the wonderful dreams above have showed up in my sleep lately.

All the best
Sheryl DeVore

From: Terri Welisek <terriw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] bird dreams
To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 10:21 AM

This thread returns a couple times a season and I thoroughly enjoy it. I've
begun. Last night I listened to and watched white-throated sparrows and
chipping sparrows in my dreams. My favorite still was last year, when I
dreamt that I had located a 'green throated vireo'. Yes it was amazing. I
looked through my guide to see that it was definitely out of territory here
in Wisconsin. I was so thrilled I woke myself up with the excitement only to
smile at my creativity. Sleep well and dream.

Good Birding,

Terri Welisek

Sherwood, WI

Calumet County