[wisb] Yard birds in Brown Co., Bird Walk at BBWS tomorrow!

  • From: Bill Krouse <bkrouse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin, Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 13:49:30 -0500

Hi.
Just thought I would throw these out there, as they have been spotted in our yard in Suamico this last week. May 1st I put out our Hummingbird feeders, and a male Ruby Throat has been feeding daily since that day.
A couple of days ago, we had a Baltimore Oriole on our orange halves.
And last night we had an Indigo Bunting land on our deck, while a House Wren was in a tree nearby. And I heard a Gray Catbird in the woods behind us.

Still some Purple Finches and Pine Siskens at our feeders. Along with the birds that spend all year with us - Nuthatches, Woodpeckers, House Finches, Cardinals, etc.
I beleive the Bluebirds in our nest box are just about to fledge.

We have not seen that Red Headed Woodpecker since the day it spent here, I have not relocaed the Pine Warbler, and no more Grosbeaks have emerged in our yard.
But what an awesome year for birds in our yard!

Cross your fingers the weather is dry enough for the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary Bird Walk tomorrow morning at 6:30am! Wednesday gave us a greyt taste of the waves of Warblers we are about to experience. See you there!!

And a special thanks to Darrell Tessen of the WSO Awards Committee for presenting a Bronze Award to Ty & Ida Baumann of the BBWS for all of the hard work they do!! An award that is well deserved!! Many birders have had the pleasure of seeing their work over 37 years of service there. Thank you!!

Good Birding!

Bill Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI

Ask me how to adopt a Greyhound or Borzoi!
http://www.gpawisconsin.org/
http://www.nbrf.info/
http://www.NoWisconsinPuppyMills.org

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.