[wisb] Ww. Crossbills~ Eau Claire finally

  • From: Claudia <cgiamati@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:13:38 -0600

These were in Avery old large  white pine at a friends in Eau Claire county on
Jeffers rd north of the north crossing. I had some great looks of the birds on
a tree laden with cones. The flock of thirty birds flew off towards  the
Chippewa river after munching cones for at least 15 minutes. I heard them call,
the heard their  munching!! Nicely colored adult and imm males.  And females!!
Wonderful birds!!

Knowledge of the path is no substitute for putting one foot in front of the
other ~ MC Richards
Claudia Giamati
Chippewa County####################