[wisb] Wisconsin Point -Parasitic Jaegers

  • From: steven lubahn <stevenlubahn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:06:25 -0500

I enjoyed great views of Parasitic Jaegers at Wisconsin Point this weekend. Of
all the trips I've made to the point, this ranked the highest in terms of
quality viewing. I'm not much of a photographer but I appreciated being able to
really study these birds and their behavior. All the Jaegers were adult
Parasitics, one being a intermediate morph which had me fooled for an immature
this morning until I saw it better. At one point, I got all three in one shot.

Also at the point this weekend were Red-necked, Horned Grebes, Bairds Sp.,
Sanderlings, Pileated Woodpeckers, N. Harrier, Peregrine Falcon (chasing a
Jaeger and vice/versa), and few of the expected species but overall very quiet.

Some shots...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/solitaryslate/

Steven Lubahn
Cudahy