[wisb] Re: Winter finches defy prognosticators

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:59:57 -0700

While the forecast is fun, it's way overhyped (much like most predictions).
Any students out there looking for a small class project might consider
reviewing past winter finch forecasts and assessing their accuracy within the
state and region using indices from the Passenger Pigeon, eBird, and North
American Birds reports.  Past forecasts are available at
http://www.neilyworld.com/neilyworld/pittaway-old.htm

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady