[wisb] Wilson's Snipe Town of Lebanon, Dodge County

  • From: "Eileen Worman" <eileenworman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:04:30 -0500

I am super excited this morning to report that my husband and I just had a pair
of Wilson's Snipe on one of our ponds. We got great looks at them through our
scope. They are a new yard bird for us.
The three juvenile Hooded Mergansers were on the pond this morning, as well.
We seem to be in a Cedar Waxwing travel zone here as we have dozens of them
each morning in our trees.
We still have female Ruby-throated Hummingbirds actively feeding, but our
Baltimore Orioles finally left us on Sunday.
We have had a few Palm Warblers passing through the past week and yesterday I
saw a flock of Ring-necked Pheasants run across our driveway.
Eileen Worman Town of Lebanon, Dodge County