[wisb] Willets- Dane County

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 19:56:06 -0500

Jesse Peterson called me around 5pm to tell me that he found a large group of
WILLETS at the Hwy K pond just west of Hwy 12 in Ashton. I arrived around 5:30
and we watched them feed, preen, rest, fly around, and talk to each other. It
was great to watch. They were tough to count because of the tall grass but they
bunched up right before I left and I counted 41 which I believe is an accurate
count. Also present were a Short-billed Dowitcher, 2 Semipalmated Plovers and a
group of about 25 pipits.

Tom Prestby

Madison