[wisb] Whooping Crane shooting

  • From: Matt Mendenhall <mattdmendenhall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:20:34 -0500

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I’ve posted news on our website of two shootings of Whooping Cranes. One
occurred in Waupaca County, Wisconsin, in July 2013. The bird was a
two-year-old female.

The other bird was shot in Indiana last winter; a $5,000 reward is being
offered in the case. Details here:

http://www.birdwatchingdaily.com/blog/2014/06/27/two-whooping-cranes-shot/

Matt Mendenhall
Managing Editor, BirdWatching