[wisb] Re: What bird?

  • From: Aparna Sridhar <apar.sridhar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:14:52 -0500

Thank you all for quick replies and help with the identification !  The
coloring of the neck threw me off a little(but as some of you said its
because of the juvenile stage).  I definitely saw her/him doing the wing
flapping like the double crested cormorant does.  Thank you all for your
help!  Here's the quick bird checklist and I'm adding it to ebird as well.
1. Pelicans - 21
2. Double crested cormorant - 1
3. Great Blue Heron - 3

They may look like they're in the far side of the lake, wear covered shoes
and go for a hike through the cattails and you can get pretty close to
them.  Just a warning - the trail on the extreme far side is covered with
water so you might have to stop at some point).  Happy Birding !

Aparna Sridhar
Madison, WI