[wisb] Western Kingbird on Washington Island (Saturday)

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 07:21:25 -0500

During a futile search for the Crested Caracara and Black Vulture on Washington
Island (Door County) yesterday, my wife and I did however find a Western
Kingbird in the afternoon.  The bold white edges on the dark tail were clearly
seen as the bird flew and landed.
This bird was observed from the junction of Main Road and Lake View Road – as
it perched and fed along a barbed wire fence about 100 yards to the east.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.