[wisb] Wednesday night Warbler Walks - Racine Co. - Come join the fun!

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 18:50:50 -0500

Hi all,

This is an invitation for you to come join us on our spring warbler
walks at Colonial Park in Racine Co. starting this Wednesday, April 25th
and every Wednesday through May 23rd. Colonial is a great place to bird
during spring migration!! Hope to see some of you there! I've included
the information from our website below!

Jenny Wenzel
Racine Co.
---------------------------
Hoy Audubon’s Wednesday evening hikes at Colonial Park begin at the end
of April and run through May. At our first “warbler walk” this
Wednesday, we’ll be looking for early spring migrants like kinglets,
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, and Palm Warblers.

The following information is from our website, www.hoyaudubon.org:

FIELD TRIP: Evening Warbler Walks at Colonial Park (Racine)
Wednesday evenings - 5:30 P.M.
April 25, May 2, 9, 16, 23

Colonial Park is one of the best places in the area to see migratory
birds like warblers, Indigo Buntings, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Baltimore
Orioles, and Scarlet Tanagers. Our Wednesday evening hikes are a great
way to experience the progression of spring migrants that will pass
through here during the next few weeks on their way from their southern
wintering grounds to their northern breeding grounds. Birdwatchers at
all levels, from beginner to advanced, are welcome.

Bring your binoculars and your bird book, wear your hiking boots, and
bundle up! Spring evenings can be downright cold at Colonial Park, so
wear a warm jacket and gloves. If it’s raining lightly, we’ll still go
on a hike. If it’s a downpour, we won’t.

Colonial Park is located along the Root River at the end of West High
Street. We’ll meet in the parking lot at 5:30 P.M. Map included in this
link!
http://www.hoyaudubon.org/maps/ColonialPark.htm