[wisb] Washington County Baltimore Oriole in snow pics ( quality only good )

  • From: bill askme <faithful_falcon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 13:40:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,
 For those who are interested in the on going saga of the Oriole from
Washington County Wisconsin, I have tried my best under some rather difficult
shooting conditions to capture him in the snow.  These photos are not up to the
high standards I set for myself, but I am sharing them because I know there are
many like me who care how this little one does.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50714031@N06/8285655924/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50714031@N06/8284596467/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50714031@N06/8284596547/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50714031@N06/8285655808/in/photostream/

Please know I will continue to post his being seen until he moves on. Please
know I am doing everything in my power to keep him well fed and fueled up for
the harsh weather that is sure to come. If anyone has any recommendations on
things I should do differently I am open to hearing from you.

I have ample amounts of seed, suet, freeze dried meal worms, peanuts and
oranges out. I would try to keep live meal worms out but the other birds beat
him to them and would eat me out of house and home with their appetites.
Should I watch for any signs of distress in this bird, and if I see it where
would I take him.  He looks to be in good health but does appear he is not as
acclimated to the cold as the birds that generally winter here.

Happy Birding,

William Joers
Colgate, Wisconsin  Washington County