[wisb] Warnimont and Sheridan Park Birds (Sunday)

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:53:30 -0500

Hello!
I saw about 35 different species within two hours or so at Sheridan and
Warnimont Parks in Milwaukee County on Sunday morning. Most of them were
migrants, including the Rusty Blackbird that I mentioned.

I had several warblers, including redstarts, Black-throated Green,
Ovenbird, Black and White, Common Yellowthroat, etc. I think I mentioned
the Blue-headed Vireo. White-throated Sparrows were around, as well as one
adult White-crowned. There was a Blackpoll at Sheridan and lots of
Yellow-rumpeds there. Chickadees were extremely active. It was a really fun
morning because most of the birds were not that high up and many were eye
level.

Curiously, I haven't seen any Hermit Thrushes or Brown Creepers yet....

Links to photos here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49427613@N03/sets/72157635862229195/

Thanks!

--