[wisb] Warblers are here

  • From: "Sue Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:04:54 -0500

This mid-morning I spent an hour and a half in Peninsula SP, mostly on
Blossomberg Lane. I saw countless warblers feeding and flying through the
trees, maybe 100. The ones I could identify and count were:

TENNESSEE, BLACKPOLL, BLACKBURNIAN, BLACK AND WHITE, BAY-BREASTED, REDSTART,
MAGNOLIA, NASHVILLE, CAPE MAY, BLACK-THROATED GREEN, PINE, PALM, YELLOW-RUMPED,
CANADA. 14 Species! What a change from the last few weeks. The most numerous
were the Tennessees, Blackpolls. Most were first-year, which was a challenge. I
left when my neck said go home.

Sue Peterson
Ephraim
Door County