[wisb] Warbler migration

  • From: "Korducki" <korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 20:12:31 -0500

Only had a few Yellow-rumped Warblers today at Lake Park while on the
flycatcher search.  Pretty slow migration day overall.  Thought back to this
weekend last year.  Pheasant Branch was dripping with warblers.  I think 20
species were found including Prairie and Black-throated Gray.  Steve Lubahn had
a big warbler day that weekend as well at Sheridan Park in Milwaukee.  I did
hear that Mike McDowell had 10 species at Pheasant Branch today but as a whole
I would say we are slightly behind the pace of last year.  Who would have
thought that back in March!  The recent cold weather and high pressure has
slowed migration considerably.  With a projected high of 80 here on Wednesday I
think the dam could burst in the next few days.  Of course no one is
complaining with Vermilion Flycatchers and Cinnamon Teal around.
Mark Korducki, New Berlin