[wisb] Walworth Cty Purple Gallinule & Milw. CGI

  • From: Petherick Chris <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:38:47 -0500

The purple gallinule was present this morning as of 7:10 am in the
same marshy area.  I had a chance to see it for about 7 or 8 minutes
before it headed back into the tall grasses.  It was located near the
muskrat house closest to the road.

On another note, the Milwaukee CGI had several Semi-palmated plovers,
1 white rumped sandpiper, dunlin, sanderlings, a scaup, 2 Caspian
Terns and a flicker hanging about.  I did not see the laughing gulls,
least or semi-palmated sandpipers.

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Northeastern Milwaukee County