[wisb] WIBIRDSOUTH update

  • From: David La Puma <woodcreeper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:40:52 -0500

Hey WI Birders-

I just wanted to mention that I've updated the WIBIRDSOUTH webpage to
try and provide a little more information regarding the service. You
can read about it here:
http://www.woodcreeper.com/wibirdsouth/
I just finished coordinating a 'rarity roundup' here in southern New
Jersey and all I can say is that I wish I was already living in
Madison! WOW! This was one of the poorest Novembers in terms of
rarities in recent years. Now Wisconsinites, on the other hand, seem
to be faced with a different dilemma: "which of these wayward birds
should I try and see TODAY!?"
I'd like to propose that you give the WIBIRDSOUTH text service a shot,
especially now with all of the great birds in Southern Wisconsin. If
you've signed up, please don't hesitate to use it. If you show up in
the morning and see the Vermillion Flycatcher, Broad-billed
Hummingbird, or any of the other recent arrivals- send a quick text
stating that the bird is there and any pertinent info for someone else
who might be trying to get there later in the day. Think of this as
the 'first response' mechanism that lets you get the word out but then
get right back to what you really want to be doing: birding.

Okay- I'll get off of my soapbox for now ;)

Good Birding

David
________________________

David A. La Puma