[wisb] Re: WI Point Jaeger...less (9/18)

  • From: tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jreichhoff@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:35:21 +0000 (UTC)

Another UW-SPer and I were at Wisconsin Point from ~6:45am to 8:30am this
morning. Although there were a lot of gulls, they were being lazy, so no
jaegers were seen. I bumped into Joey Reichhoff and Terry Leasa there, in
addition to someone who's name I forgot, and they stayed longer, so maybe they
did end up seeing them. What we did see included the WESTERN GREBE and a
somewhat distant RED-NECKED GREBE. No shorebirds were seen or heard, save for
something that I'm guessing was a Sanderling that we spooked. A tundra
subspecies Peregrine Falcon juvenile was caught at Hawk Ridge in Duluth, MN on
9/17 (yesterday).
I hope there's better luck for the Jaegerfest attendees next weekend!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Stevens Point, Portage Co.