[wisb] Re: Vermilion Flycatcher: No

  • From: "Kevin Kearns" <dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Wisbird'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:40:33 -0600

We went today and did not have any luck. Were only there for a half hour or
so from ~11:00-11:30. I personally have a hard time believing it would be
alive much longer if it remains here given their diet being almost
exclusively insectivorous. Did see a few insects on other stops so maybe
there is enough at this time to sustain him. While we were there, the other
20-30 hopefuls had not seen him either, maybe they had some luck after we
left.

Stopped at Lake Koshkonong on the way back home and were treated to 1000's
of ducks. A lot of Ruddies, Shovelers and Scaup, Also saw a couple Wigeon
but most were pretty far out for our scope to see clearly. Conservative
estimate of 7-8000 ducks from Carcajou boat launch.

Kevin Kearns
Lake Mills

From: "Daryl Christensen" <daryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: wisbirdn-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:18:17
To: Wisbird<wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] Vermilion Flycatcher: YES

Tom Schultz just called and said he had great views of the Vermilion
Flycatcher early this morning (Friday) at Muskrat Lake. It is close to the
road.
-Daryl Christensen
 Marquette co.