[wisb] Varities in color

  • From: "Jerry Schoen" <basketsandbirds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:16:38 -0500

We all are aware that color combinations can change. This past week at our
escape location in SW Clark county I observed  an interesting variation. An
Oven bird  had the following combinations.  The medial coverts of wings had the
same coloration of a Goldfinch.The upper tail coverts and one primary on each
wing and one tail feather had the same color. It will be interesting if the
bird returns next spring, as they are very common.
Jerry Schoen
Whitewater, Wi