[wisb] Tundra swan update - Outagamie

  • From: <jmotquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:43:59 +0000

I was able to relocate the tundra swans along STH 47 just north of the Village
of Nichols.  I did a quick ride along CTH F west of Nichols.  Lots of flooding
in this area.  It might pay to change the "typical" spring waterfowl route a
little north and east for awhile.  These areas typically hold waterfowl in the
fall if the fields are flooded.  My suggestion would be to bring your Gazzetter
and just explore the backroads.  This area produces other good birds like Fox
Sparrows and some surprises on occassion.

Jon Motquin
Freedom, Outagamie Co.