[wisb] Tufted Titmouse - Beaver Creek Reserve

  • From: "Anne Straight" <astraight4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:47:47 -0600

While I was up in WI over the weekend (for funeral so didn't have time to bird)
 I visited the Beaver Creek Reserve at Fall Creek.  This is such a nice place.
Coming to the feeders were a couple of TUFTED TITMOUSE,  a dozen PURPLE
FINCHES, PINE SISKINS, COMMON REDPOLLS, HAIRY WOODPECKERS, AM. TREE SPARROWS
and the other common feeder birds.
Coming home on I90 saw a ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK, RED-TAILS, KESTREL, BALD EAGLES,
COMMON RAVEN, HORNED LARKS, common species.

At a rest stop, I had a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH in a Pine along the parking area.

The only duck on the WI River, Sauk City were COMMON MERGANSERS, MALLARDS,
CANADA GEESE.  No gulls, etc. were seen.

Anne Straight
Forreston, IL (Ogle County)