[wisb] Trouble with yahoo.com addresses

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:36:57 -0600

I've had to resubscribe three different people with yahoo.com email addresses
in the last week or so - for some reason, the Freelists.org server is
unsubscribing them.  The weird thing is that they're not showing up in the
Error Watch reports that I get, so I'm not even aware of it until folks contact
me.  Since several subscribers with yahoo.com addresses have had their email
hacked in the last couple of months, I suspect there's a connection.  If you
suspect you've been unsubscribed (assuming you're reading this via an archive,)
let me or Tom Sykes (sykes@xxxxxxxxxx) know.

Keep those rare bird reports coming, folks - the wind shift tomorrow afternoon
to westerly could bring in a whole new suite of birds (including Varied
Thrushes and Townsend's Solitaires, one would surmise.)  Exciting times...

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin Guy
Madison WI