[wisb] Train Ride in the Tiffany Wildlife Area

  • From: Bill Hogseth <billhogseth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:44:42 -0600

Please join the Chippewa Savannas Chapter of The Prairie Enthusiasts on
Sunday May 6, 2012 as we take a ride in an open-air train deep into remote
areas of the Tiffany Bottoms extensive lowland hardwood wetlands, wet
meadows, open prairies, and floodplain savannas within the heart of the
Lower Chippewa River.
The 13,000 acre Tiffany Wildlife Area (owned and managed by WDNR) is an
excellent location to witness the spring migration. The Tiffany is a
concentration area for waterfowl and songbirds. It is estimated that as
many as 30 species of warblers can be found in the Tiffany Wildlife Area.
To maximize the bird watching experience, our train will be leaving at 7am
so that birders can catch the ?dawn chorus?. Brian Collins, NHI
ornithologist and high school biology teacher, will be on the train to
share knowledge about bird identification, biology, etc. The train will
retun at noon.

Along the way, the train will stop and riders will have the opportunity to
venture out on foot and explore various habitats. We will be focusing on
prairie and savanna areas. Riders will be able to walk with several local
experts who will share their knowledge about the region's ecology, history,
and management.

See attached PDF for detailed registration information.

For more
information:http://www.theprairieenthusiasts.org/TPE_Tiffany_Train_Ride_2012.pdf<http://www.thepraireenthusiasts.org/>

Bill Hogseth, Dunn County

--