[wisb] Snowy/Rough Legs North End of Dane County Regional Airport

  • From: Richard Roberts <warbugs.smallwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 12:48:41 -0600

At 1010 a.m., I observed a Snowy Owl flying North East from the Dane
County Regional Airport, in line with Manufacturers Drive.  It was
gaining altitude rapidly, and then disappeared into the low clouds,
heading towards DeForest.  I should also mention Horned Larks in the
Airport area, starting last week.  There was a flock of 30+ flying
around Truax on the 25th, and then several in the Manufacturers Drive
area off of Hwy 51 on the 26th.  Still seeing Rough-Legged Hawks at
the North end of the runway off of Hwy 51 every day, in the air and on
the ground, including today.

Richard L. Smallwood-Roberts
Newville/Rock County