[wisb] Snowy Owl and gulls, Milwaukee 3/15/12

  • From: "Jym Mooney & Carol Lee Hopkins" <hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:37:02 -0500

I found four Great Black-backed, one Lesser Black-backed, and a juvenile
Glaucous Gull on the breakwall across from the ferry dock in Milwaukee this
afternoon.  As I was leaving I saw someone taking photos of the Coast Guard
Impoundment, and stopped to get great views of a Snowy Owl perched on a log.
Nice to see, but I hope it heads north again soon.  The warm weather we have
been having is very stressful for Snowies.

Jym Mooney, Milwaukee