[wisb] Snowy Owl SS Marina MKE, No sighting of the Purple Sandpiper at NP, couple images

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 16:01:24 -0600

Greetings,

I made a run to Milwaukee?s Lakefront in hope of finding a Snowy Owl and
the reported Purple Sandpiper. In 3 hours of time on the lakefront there
was no sighting of the Purple Sandpiper by me or any other birders looking
for it in the North Point area. There was the reported Snowy Owl at South
Shore Marina as had been reported. I stopped at the SS Marina arriving in
Milwaukee at 11:30 am and when leaving at 2:30 pm, the Snowy Owl never left
its spot on the dock. Thanks for the original posting on this Snowy Owl. I
have a couple images to share of the Snowy, not the best, but the Owl was a
the far end of the dock structure.

A link to 2 images from today of the Snowy Owl at South Shore Marina:

*
https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/SnowyOwlSouthShoreMarinaMilwaukeeLakefront122012
*

Good birding!