[wisb] Snowy Owl Racine 2/25

  • From: bill askme <faithful_falcon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:28:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,
Just thought I would pass along a bit of information. I was able to both see
and photograph the snowy owl that was in Racine this past Saturday ( 2/25/12.)
I can not promise anyone they will see it, because it does take a bit of
detective work to find her, but she is still there.

I went back down there on Monday when the winds were blustery and was not able
to find her, but was shocked to see either an immature bald eagle, or perhaps
even a golden eagle being chased out into the lake by 3 very determined raven
who took exception to it being there. Sorry no pictures, i only had my
binoculars with me when I was walking and glassing the area.

Attached is the link to the photo, it is tightly cropped, but was visible with
the naked eye.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50714031@N06/6795231740/in/photostream

William ( Bill ) Joers
Colgate Wisconsin