[wisb] Snowy Owl, Lakeside Park, Fond du Lac

  • From: "Sehloff, Kerry" <kerry.sehloff@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:03:44 -0600

Late this afternoon, we found a snowy owl sitting on the ice on Lake Winnebago,
just off the open water at Lakeside Park near the water treatment plant.  It
was hunkered down in the 'shelter' of one of the evergreen trees that mark the
thinner ice around the open water.  It was a darker bird than we had seen in
January.  It did not seem to be bothered by the increased activity of the
sturgeon spearers getting ready for the weekend's activity.

The two pelicans were still present, as was the cormorant with the deformed
wing, and a pied billed grebe.

Kerry & Dave Sehloff
Fond du Lac County####################