[wisb] Sheboygan Co

  • From: Amy Kearns <greenpertplus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 15:05:56 -0400

I visited a couple spots along Lake Michigan in Sheboygan this afternoon.
Highlights were a fem/imm White-winged Scoter, immature Thayer's Gull and 2
adult Glacuous Gulls.

Sheboygan - Blue Harbor & Deland Park
3 Canada Goose
4 Mallard
7 Redhead
40 Greater Scaup
6 Bufflehead
70 Common Goldeneye
4 Hooded Merganser
40 Common Merganser
4 Ruddy Duck
40 Ring-billed Gull
15 Herring Gull
1 Glaucous Gull - adult
2 Mourning Dove - singing
4 House Finch - singing

Sheboygan--North Point,
2 Domestic Duck x Mallard (hybrid)
6 Canada Goose
1 American Black Duck
30 Mallard
35 Greater Scaup
1 White-winged Scoter - immature or female.  Lots of white on the face so
perhaps immature? Very close to the shelter, white secondaries visible.
Comments/insight on aging WWSC welcome!
9 Bufflehead
40 Common Goldeneye
10 Common Merganser
30 Red-breasted Merganser
70 Ring-billed Gull
40 Herring Gull
1 Thayer's Gull - immature
1 Glaucous Gull - adult
10 Red-winged Blackbird

In addition, this morning I heard at least one Pine Siskin calling as it flew
over my parent's house in Plymouth.

Amy Kearns
Mitchell, Southern Indiana
originally from Plymouth, WI