[wisb] Scuppernong/Scout Lake

  • From: john afdem <johnafdem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:01:30 -0700 (PDT)

Stopped by Scuppernong and walked a bit of the Ice Age Trail this morning
before work. Blue Winged Warblers were quite  common there (saw a dozen, heard
them all over). Also saw Chestnut Sided, Towhee, Least Flycatcher. No joy on
Hooded, but as I learned later I was at the wrong area of Scuppernong.
Scout Lake for Lunch yielded Yellow, Blackburnian, Black Throated Green,
Blue Winged, Redstarts, and a couple of vireos I didn't identify (if I was back
in So. Cal. I'd have called them Hutton's, but I don't believe that species
range extends to this area and I'm bereft of guides)
 John Afdem
Okauchee, WI

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.