[wisb] Scotts Orioles

  • From: rwhitmire@xxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 12:29:28 -0400 (EDT)

A recent conversation with someone here in Stevens Point has prompted me
to ask the following based on what she and her husband believe to have
been a Scotts Oriole, apparently complete with photo(I have not seen the
photo but the description sure seemed to fit a Scotts to a
"T"(I've not seen a Scotts so I am going by Kaufmann, Sibley and
Natl. Geographic).  So, here is the question.  I note after
looking at Sibley's that there appears to have been a rare sighting or
maybe a few in Wisconsin even though we are quite some distance from the
home range of this bird.  What is the recorded history of Scotts in
Wisconsin?

Rob Whitmire
Stevens Point
Portage County,
WI

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.