[wisb] Scoters - Ashland

  • From: Nick Anich <nicka29@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 10:23:38 -0700 (PDT)

There were 3 SURF SCOTERS and 1 BLACK SCOTER at the head of Chequamegon Bay in
Ashland this morning, best viewed from the Best Western. Also 4 RUDDY DUCKS out
there in the diver flock, in addition to the 5 RUDDY DUCKS in front of the
Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center. I also had my first YELLOW WARBLER and
COMMON TERN of the year today and yesterday had my first NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH
and ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK. I keep hoping to see a big wave of shorebirds and
warblers, but I guess the freezing precipitation we got is keeping them at bay.

Nick Anich
Ashland, WI