[wisb] Scissor-tailed - YES

  • From: "Petrashek, Kari Lynne" <PETRKL10@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 20:20:40 +0000

Took a drive to see a very cooperative Scissor-tailed Flycatcher this afternoon
(Friday)!  We spotted him at 2pm on the roof of the small red shed on the west
side of CTH E, about 1/4 mile south of its intersection with CTH O.

The shed is next to a large barn with two stars on the doors (in case you'd be
wondering if you were in the right place like we were).  He was hunting on the
wing and going between the red shed and the roof of the small portion of the
barn directly next to it.  He also would disappear behind the barn for a few
minutes at a time.

The very nice man who lives across the road from the barn told us he had been
at this spot throughout the afternoon today.
So happy we were able to see him!

Kari Hagenow
Green Bay, Brown County, WI