[wisb] Sandhill Cranes near Aldo Leopold Foundation

  • From: deerpix@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Wisconsin Bird Net" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:58:05 -0700

Can anybody in the area of the Aldo Leopold Foundation or Portage tell me if
the Sandhill Cranes are gathering in the area or if they've already left for
the year?  I know I've seen very large groups amassed along HY 16 just outside
Portage much later in the fall; like around deer hunting time.
Thanks,
Bob Huebner
Cedarburg, Ozaukee County