[wisb] Re: SNOWY PLOVER on Mississippi River, Prairie du Chien (Crawford County)

  • From: Alex Stark <thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 09:53:53 -0500

Hey Folks,
It was brought to my attention to post a location and some directions.

From Madison via hwy 18:
Coming into Prairie du Chien from the south, make a left turn on the
new highway 18 bypass. Continue down the bypass untill you get to an
old large warehouse. Take the next left on West Wells Street. Go over
the railroad tracks and take the first right on the single lane gravel
road. There will be a small sign that says "Design Homes Park" on your
left, then a small lot with a camper parked on it, and then there will
be an empty lot that is city property. Park just off the road and walk
down to the waters edge where you will see the mudflat.

I'm sure this bird is long gone by now but its definetly a spot that
needs continuous checking.

Bird On,

Alex Stark, Prairie du Chien