[wisb] Re: Ross's Goose - Sauk County

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wis Birdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 21:02:54 -0600

Below are links to a couple distant photos that I took of the Ross's
Goose at Bakken's Pond today.

http://www.pbase.com/aholschbach/image/141363423
http://www.pbase.com/aholschbach/image/141363477

I did not get a photo of the second small white goose that was
present, but it also looked to have an entirely pink bill without the
black "grin-patch" of a Snow Goose.  When these two geese were in
close proximity to eachother, one was slightly larger overall, with a
longer neck, and the bill was about half again as large.

Aaron Holschbach
Arena