[wisb] Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks, Polk County

  • From: Jeff Virant <rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 21:40:26 -0500

Hi All,
        Just a brief report of the first arrival this season of rose-breasted
grosbeaks at our feeder, in spite of the fact that a pesky but powerful black
bear attacks the feeder each night. I've resorted to taking the feeder inside
at night. Any safe pro-bird and anti-bear remedies would be appreciated!
Best birding.

Jeff Virant
Deer Park, WI   (Polk County)
rainbow@xxxxxxxxxxx