[wisb] Rose Lake/ Dorothy Carnes Information

  • From: "Cynthia Bridge" <cynthiabridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 11:51:01 -0500

Hi All,

I put together a quicky google map of the Rose Lake Area with a few birding
tips (I recommend viewing in satellite view).  The yellow place markers are
points I suggest looking for the Eurasian Wigeon if anyone tries again.  I
checked from the northwest end last night, there were many American Wigeon
tucked back in here that were not visible from the observation deck.   While
the view is a little obstructed it is worth checking the lake from this
vantage point. You can reach this spot by walking north from the parking
area at the west entrance.  I may check Rose Lake this afternoon and will
post if I find the bird.

My Google Map:

http://goo.gl/maps/gpMyz

Map of Rose Lake/Dorothy Carnes Park: