[wisb] Report: Inca Dove - NO today

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:51:16 -0500

I just talked to Daryl Christensen again.  He spent over 3 hours at
Concordia U. today, trying for the Inca Dove -- without success.  He said
that unfortunately there was a very large dumpster that was brought in to
that area with a big semi truck, and then lots of clanging and beeping from
a big front-end loader, and then I think he said it was hauled out again.
All this commotion may have caused the dove to fly elsewhere.

He was about to leave the site, but would like to hear if someone finds it
yet this afternoon/evening.  I have to drive to Milwaukee tomorrow, so I
will probably try for the bird also.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.