[wisb] Red Crossbills Stute Springs SKM Wauk Co this am, some images

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:42:24 -0600

Hi all,

I headed to Stute Springs in the South Kettle Moraine Waukesha Co. this
morning about 8 am with hopes to see the Red Crossbills. I was not
disappointed. The group of us Terry, Pat, and Dennis enjoyed the flock of
about 18 as they stopped to feed 2 times in some tall spruce trees near us.
We had great views as they feed on the cone seeds. The spruce they stopped
at to feed were on the main road/trail heading straight east from the small
parking lot ½ way to the curve in the trail. This small parking lot is on
Hwy Z which is south of Hwy 59. Standing there at that spot we also watched
3 large flocks of Tundra Swans heading SE up very high, also a large group
of Sandhill Cranes circling and heading south. A Hermit Thrush was also
hanging in the area there where we were.

A link to some of the Red Crossbill images from this morning is below:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/RedCrossbillsStuteSpringsSKMWaukeshaCo11132012

Thanks and good birding!

Jim Edlhuber

Town of Genesee, Waukesha Co