[wisb] Re: RFI eBird 8/27 Barn Owl in Dane Co

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haycraftb@xxxxxxxxx" <haycraftb@xxxxxxxxx>, "mjhodgso@xxxxxxxx" <mjhodgso@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 13:50:47 -0600

Based on the eBird description this bird is very likely a begging juvenile
Great Horned Owl. Made dozens of times annually, this is among the most common
misidentifications I can think of, and for good reason given the online audio
resources often available.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady