[wisb] RFI: Shorebirds near Madison

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:24:15 -0500

Quentin Yoerger and I will be leading a Madison Audubon/Wisconsin
Wetlands co-sponsored field trip this Saturday (Aug. 14), leaving from
the east side Cub Foods in Madison at 8:00 a.m.  If anyone finds any
good shorebird spots within a half-hour or so drive from Madison before
then, could you backchannel me with details, please? (I'd just as soon
not drive as far as Horicon or Spring Green, although beggars can't be
choosers. Don't particularly care what kind of shorebirds, although
variety is the spice of birding.)  John Romano and I will probably scout
the Harvey Rd. area and other nearby spots in Columbia County this
evening around 6:30 or so, if anyone wants to join us then.  (I can't
guarantee you won't be carried off by mosquitos...)

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.